Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My oldest daughter is quite the unintentional comedian.

Just a few months ago, she decided that she wanted her "independence."

In an attempt to persuade me to allow her to do more things on her own, she threw herself on my bed, began kicking her legs in a tantrum, cried and yelled, "I'm not a baby! Why won't you let me do what I want? I just want my independence!"

I was a little shocked at her outburst, to say the least...

At first, I began to get angry with her. I mean, she was being somewhat disrespectful by yelling at me, but it was so unlike her.

Then, for whatever reason, I began to laugh hysterically. It was the funniest thing I have ever witnessed....

I threw myself on the bed beside her, began kicking my legs, and yelled, "How can I give you more independence when you're acting like a toddler? Look at me, I'm twelve and I'm throwing a toddler tantrum!"

Believe it or not, she turned to me and said, very calmly, "Mom, your weird. Stop acting like that. You're acting like a baby!"

I laughed even harder... But, in the midst of laughing, I said, "I'm acting just like you."

Her last comment was, "Point taken." She's never brought the topic up again.

No comments: