Saturday, February 10, 2007

Talk about causing a scene!

It's that time of the year again. You know, the time for colds, stomach viruses, the flu, and other such dreaded miseries. It's bad enough if you are the unfortunate victim of illness, but it's even worse when your child is sick.

First, your heart goes out to them. No decent mother wants to watch her child suffer with illnesses. I don't know about you, but I often catch myself wishing that I could take their place.

It's one thing to want to take their place at home, but what about when they're projectile vomiting in front of dozens of people in Walmart? Yep! It happened to someone I know very well.

Not only did the 12-year-old child vomit in front of an audience, but she actually vomited, a lot, on a few people in the store.

One of those people was another child who held out her arms as if she were flying, and she began to yell, "Oh, my Gosh! Look what she did! I can't believe she just puked all over me!"

Naturally, the yells drew even more attention to the sick child.

How embarrassing!!!!!

Like I said, I've always thought that I would willingly take my child's place when she's sick. However, in this situation, I think I would have had to pretend that I didn't even know who she was!

Of course, if your child is small, then you have no choice other than to claim him or her. But, at 12-years-old, you can just walk the other way.

Just kidding! I would help my child, but only because it's my motherly duty:-)

No comments: